permaculture - Re: fence posts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <lorenstwin@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: fence posts
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:19:24 -0800 (PST)

--- rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com> wrote:
> >toxic paints are not part of a permanent culture nor the fence posts
> >surrounding one.
> Nor is owning, using, or riding in a motor vehicle as we know it, I
> think.

Or computers....let's not forget computers...:)

While I understand and empathize with Yaya's feelings about this, I
agree with Rick here. In an ideal world, we would have to make no
compromises. But this is hardly an "ideal" world from that point of
view. I believe that all we can do is be as aware as possible of the
ecological "footprints" of the choices we *do* make, and to try to
reduce those footprints as much as is practical while going on about
the work of living and doing helpful and healing works.

Just my $0.02,

Loren

=====
Loren Davidson Permaculturist, poet, philosopher, writer
loren@farwalker.com | http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
"We must create the future, or others will create it for us." - Gen. S.
Ivanova, Ret.