permaculture - grey is made of infinite blacks and whites

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Yaya Balinci" <yaya@telus.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: grey is made of infinite blacks and whites
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:04:06 -0800

<snip>
But it seems that Robinia is an
invasive non-native tree here, and may soon be posted as an undesireable
weed.
<unsnip>

imagine if weeds could be used to produce fenceposts.
you could actually make money from weeds and/or fence in your own land and
possibly use them for trade. All from a weed that they would rather sell a
chemical to kill it. I made a wonderfully strong cutting board from a milled
piece of black locust. I think Masanobu Fukuoka has observed that it is a
top notch biomass producer for compost and building topsoil not to mention a
nitrogen fixing plant.
Hurray for black locust!
Cheers