permaculture - Re: Comfrey

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <gburnett@unisonfree.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Comfrey
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 02:59:39 +0100

Hi Myk,

There always seems to be some 'expert' or other wanting to 'dis' comfrey-
surely there's FAR more
evidence pointing to comfrey's beneficial effects than these 'scientific
studies' that find comfrey
and just about anything else will cause you all manner of harm....

Even Lawrence Hills, comfrey PR man extraordinaire, cautioned against
hoovering up too much of the
stuff at one time due to possible carcinogenic effects of allatoins- but
surely moderation in all
things is the best policy- even my chips 'n' beer lifestyle needs to be
tempered by the odd raw
food day!!!

Still growin' (and using) comfrey,

Graham Burnett