permaculture - [Fwd: Lots of Questions...]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Pc Envirolink <permaculture@envirolink.org>, permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Permaculture Drylands Inst <pdrylands@aol.com>
  • Subject: [Fwd: Lots of Questions...]
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:19:12 -0500

Hi Y'all,
I'm hoping you can help Grohmann find help for his project. I have already
recommended The Black Mesa Permaculture Project and Larry Santoyo. Maybe you
have other guidance or contacts for him?
Keith

Grohmann Sissi wrote:

> Hi, I am Sissi Grohmann ....
>
> I found the Permaculture Activist and would like to ask for some special
> advice about how to use the various offers and how to proceed with my vague
> ideas.
>
> I am Austrian and have a close relationship to an Indian Reservation in
> northern Minnesota. This reservation could easily be turned into a
> ermacultural community, using their old Indian priciples of being connected
> with the land, hadn´t it been brainwashed by their former white 'education'
> .
> An Indian friend wants to set up a farm for chickens and start with healthy
> eggs and meat. She wants me to run and manage the farm, since I experienced
> for many years in raising poultry and practicing organic horticulture in my
> homeland. I also was part of an organic farmers´association in Austria. I
> would gladly do this here too. Yet, it seems to be necessary to slowly
> prepare the tribe for eventually merging into a healthy community life.
> Though I am aware of the many obstacles, I would like to learn about how to
> tackle these projects, both the new construction and even more so to erase
> the effects of the old brainwashing of the Indians and to raise their
> interest and promote their understanding for the permacultural way.
>
> May I ask for any hints, how to go about this challenge, what books would
> be helpful for me, what courses, ....what else...??
>
> I am thankfully awaiting your reply!
>
> Sincerely,
> Sissi Grohmann
begin:vcard
n:Johnson;Keith
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:metalab.unc.edu/pc-activist
org:The Permaculture Activist
adr:;;PO Box 1209;Black Mountain;NC;28711;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:keithdj@mindspring.com
note:URL: metalab.unc.edu/pc-activist
x-mozilla-cpt:;23648
fn:Keith Johnson
end:vcard

  • [Fwd: Lots of Questions...], Keith Johnson, 11/26/1999