permaculture - Re: Rant-and-Rave

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Avalon Bruce <avalonb@nwol.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Rant-and-Rave
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 16:34:37 -0700

into the fray, i go, again, incited by that anti-Luddite, jack rowe

so if all this political manipulation of CHEMICALS in our food doesn't
irk readers
enough, WHAT ABOUT THE MOVEMENT TO NUKE ALL THE FRESH PRODUCE !!!

in self-defense against rBGH, I got a Nubian goat; in order to eat
potato skins
again with impunity, I learned to GROW MY OWN in an area where they
aren't
supposed to grow -- WHERE/WHEN WILL IT STOP ???

and if it's not enough to tell us WHAT we can grow/eat, 'they' also want
to tell
us what we CANNOT produce, e.g. hemp in Kentucky where it could replace
tobacco
and was federally subsidized back in the l940's ! go figure

anyone got a game plan? 'they' (big gov't, big money, big business) be
goliath,
we thinking, caring ones be david and i don't think even jerry brown can
fashion
a big enough slingshot to make a dent in THEM !

The Earth is not given to us by our parents.
It is loaned to us by our children.

  • Rant-and-Rave, Jack Rowe, 06/01/1998
    • Re: Rant-and-Rave, Avalon Bruce, 06/02/1998