percy-l - Re: [percy-l] LITR Slow Read - Chapter 4 - "July Third"

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Jim Forest <jhforest AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] LITR Slow Read - Chapter 4 - "July Third"
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:29:33 +0200

Probably many others on the WP List are following the comments on LITR as attentively as I am but, like me, just listening in with immense gratitude to those who are speaking up. What a joy it is rereading LITR in good company.

One minor comment. WP’s portrait of the devil (Art Immelman) is strikingly similar to Mikhail Bulkagov’s portrait of the devil (Pofessor Woland) in The Master & Margarita. Had Percy read Bulgakov’s novel? My guess is yes.

Jim Forest

* * *

Jim & Nancy Forest
Kanisstraat 5 / 1811 GJ Alkmaar / The Netherlands

new book: Loving Our Enemies: Reflections on the Hardest Commandment: www.jimandnancyforest.com/2014/07/loving-our-enemies/

Jim's books: www.jimandnancyforest.com/books/
Jim & Nancy web site: www.jimandnancyforest.com
Photo albums: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimforest/sets/