percy-l - [percy-l] Administrative: On quoting previous messages

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Henry Mills <wppdirector AT gmail.com>
  • To: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>, Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Administrative: On quoting previous messages
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 08:59:01 -0400

Janet,

Yes, I think Wade is simply asking each member if they would consider deleting past discussion not relevant to his/her own current reply where that past discussion material is automatically inserted in the body of a reply.  Such a step, when taken, prevents the next reader from having to scroll through a long email.

This is obviously not a requirement to befuddle oneself over, but is desireable in terms of general email etiquette.  See below as a clean example.

Henry Mills
Percy-L Manager