percy-l - Re: [percy-l] PS: Forwarded for Karey Perkins: SAMLA Percy session

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: <Robert_Pauley AT oxy.com>
  • To: <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] PS: Forwarded for Karey Perkins: SAMLA Percy session
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:28:02 -0700

Well said, Spc.

-----Original Message-----
From: percy-l-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:percy-l-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of
robert.g.eckert AT us.army.mil
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:58 PM
To: Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion
Subject: Re: [percy-l] PS: Forwarded for Karey Perkins: SAMLA Percy
session

Percy visit 2050

Somewhere an interviewer asked Percy about living again at another
time--something like that. As I recall he said he would not like to live
again, but to visit, for 1/2 an hour in NYC with a radio to see how we
are doing.

What will he find?

That is a worthy question.

Everything I have been reading lately points to a not so good prognosis.

Fourth generation war is not the comfortable mutual assured destruction
of third generation war.

By 2050, IT might actually happen. That is, WMD will have hit CONUS.

I hope that NYC Central Park bench still exists for Percy to make his
brief visit on.

The enemy we face today is far different from the Soviet threat.

That love in the ruins may occur.

- Spc Robert Eckert
172 Chemical Corp
Ft., Riley, KS 66442