percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Forwarded for Karey Perkins: SAMLA Percy session

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Nikkibar AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Forwarded for Karey Perkins: SAMLA Percy session
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 10:36:44 EDT

Dear Friends of the Percy list,

For once Henry Mills has it wrong. it wasn't me who compared Walker to a Jihadist. that thought got started by someone else and it was me who suggested that there was nothing of the Jihadist in Walker's world view. If the contrary notion came across it must have been garbled in cyberspace or reinterpreted by our vice president. Walker did not hold with violence as a method of bringing about change of any kind and as a matter of fact spent endless hours preventing what we feared might turn into a violent confrontation between demonstrating youth and the school system over the presence of a Confederate flag in the office of the school principal. He was a great believer in an orderly society, the antithesis of jihad, at least as I understand the meaning of that word.

Nikki Barranger

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.