percy-l - Re: [percy-l] A Semiotic Primer of the Self

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: J Rivas-Pita <juliorivas AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] A Semiotic Primer of the Self
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:37:55 -0400

Dear unknown List-companions,
First of all, let me wish everyone of you a most Happy Christmas. May
your deepest hearts' desires be fulfilled, especially those of love,
peace and goodwill. (No objection to a new car though if the one you
have now is in really bad shape, or things like that :)
And like Nikki in the previous post, let me also invoke the memory of
old WP to ask each and everyone of you a contribution -modest as it
may be, or big as you can afford- in the form of any scanned, stored,
hard-disk kept or in any other form extant material from "Lost in the
Cosmos" or "Message in a Bottle" that you may perchance have handy and
would be willing to share with me via this wondrous invention -namely,
e-mail.
The aforementioned materials will be put to good use by yours truly
and you will probably -this I can´t guarantee though- be blessed by
your contribution to spread the work of WP.
I will personally bless any contributor for her/his kindness and light
a candle for that person's good deed, as WP would have wished me to
do.
For those who don't know me, no, I can't get those materials in my
country's public libraries or bookshops.
But if you e-mail them to me, I might be able to enrich those
libraries with copies, if the bureaucracy permits.
If not, I will make sure that at least some people get copies.
So, as you will see, your effort won't have been wasted.
And you will have one more good action to your name in The Book this
Christmas :)
Have a Merry, Merry Christmas each and everyone of you!
With all best wishes,
Julio Rivas-Pita
Caracas, Venezuela

--
Be Happy! (Fr. Benito Ballesteros, OSB, 1924-1996)
Sé feliz! (P. Benito Ballesteros, OSB, 1924-1996)