percy-l - [percy-l] A Failed Message...

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: J Rivas-Pita <juliorivas AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] A Failed Message...
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:10:47 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MAILER-DAEMON AT mail.utexas.edu <MAILER-DAEMON AT mail.utexas.edu>
Date: 23 Dec 2004 03:04:25 -0000
Subject: failure notice
To: juliorivas AT gmail.com

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.utexas.edu.

<henm AT mail.utexas.edu>:

--- Enclosed is a copy of the message.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: J Rivas-Pita <juliorivas AT gmail.com>
To: henm AT mail.utexas.edu
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:04:24 -0400
Subject: Walker Percy's Philosophy of Language
Dear Henry,
I'm a newcomer to the Percy-List, and have several times tried to read
your Introductory Essay on WP´s philosophy of language but
unfortunately the link no longer works, for some reason.
I was wondering whether you´d be able to e-mail it to me, if you have
it stored in your computer. I'd love to read it, since that facet of
Percy is the one most appealing to me (I've published in Spanish a
small book, "Diálogo y Psicoterapia", which deals mainly with the
influence of Buber, Marcel, Heidegger and Binswanger on psychotherapy,
"the talking cure"). Since then, I've also become quite interested in
Wittgenstein's ideas on language and, more recently, on Percy´s and
Peirce's.
If you happen to have any other materials on Percy and language/or
psychotherapy, I'd be quite obliged to you if you could e-mail them to
me.
I know both sujects are dealt with in "Lost in the Cosmos" and
"Message in a Bottle", but so far haven't been able to get them, since
I live in Caracas, Venezuela, and for the last couple of years -due to
the exchange controls- my credit card is no longer valid abroad, so I
can´t order from Amazon as I used to :(
With many, many thanks, and all my best wishes for a very Happy Christmas,
Julio

--
Be Happy! (Fr. Benito Ballesteros, OSB, 1924-1996)
Sé feliz! (P. Benito Ballesteros, OSB, 1924-1996)

--
Be Happy! (Fr. Benito Ballesteros, OSB, 1924-1996)
Sé feliz! (P. Benito Ballesteros, OSB, 1924-1996)

  • [percy-l] A Failed Message..., J Rivas-Pita, 12/22/2004