percy-l - RE: [percy-l] In and About the world

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Parlin, Steven" <PARLINS AT culver.org>
  • To: "'Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion'" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] In and About the world
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:47:29 -0500

Jim wrote:
I think that Peirce sometimes spoke of man "partaking" in the process of
symbolization rather than conceiving symbols from scratch. Just as we don't
ourselves create life but we participate in it's conception. Maybe we
partake of God when we use language. In a way it is God speaking. We swim
in a semiotic sea of which we are also part -- but we have not ourselves
created the sea. Just a thought.

Well stated Jim. Saves me a reply.

My school year is gearing up... beginning of the year stuff. Much to the
delight of some of you, I'll not be reporting to the list at any great
length for awhile.

And, I was having so much fun....

I'll must likely still be lurking a little, though.

Til then,
Steve