pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb-piwdev <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:37:27 -0500

Bear Kaufmann wrote:

Agreed.

Assuming that it's within the reasonable bounds of the grant, I would say we hold onto it, and disperse it as people clock hours on the project.

I haven't shown all of the text analysis things I've done on the dataset, put it's pretty cool. If others think it's interesting I'd like to be able to clock some time on it to move forward with the concept. Currently, I need to refactor the PHP code into something more readable/clean, then I'll upload it and the DB tables I need to a website to show you.

If feedback on any of this from nonprogrammer PIW/PCPlantDB afficianados
(in Flamenco, these are the folks who keep up with the world of Flamenco and
all the notable exponents of that art,
learn the forms of song and dance, go to juergas, drink brandy, stay up late
and generally love that music)
would be useful here then could you post a little explanation of what you're
trying to do and define some of the
terms involved? I.e. what is text analysis about in the context of a pc/relationships database? Does it have to do with analysis of the text output of a DB search or to do with parsing search strings entered in the DB query form?

Since no one seems to have received an email from Chad in the last month, does anyone have a phone number for him? I know he mentioned a medical issue previously, I'm hoping he's OK.

He said that is was a hernia problem. I would assume that to be over and done
with by now.