pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Activity?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Activity?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:37:47 -1000

Aloha,

Hope you're all doing well. There seems to be a lack of activity occurring on the list. Is everyone preparing for spring or something?

I got zero response either way on my proposal to do some work on the tracker and the QA/testing documentation so I have not done anything.

Doesn't seem urgent, since nothing else seems to be happening at the moment.

...The find "find similar" method is rather intensive (looking through a 45Mb database of words takes some time) and has some kinks to work out, but I found this result to be pretty cool.

See it here:
http://permaculture.info/test/related_words.php

Not sure I understand exactly what you're up to here...
Off the top, the results remind me of those spam messages that were real prolific a few years ago, consisting of an apparently unrelated jumble of words/sentences assembled into the message body... :-)

From scrolling skimmingly down the page, one thing I noticed was quite a few key (initial) words that had medicinal implications or connections.

Didn't see very many functional words (e.g. coppice, hedge, timber, paint, that sort of thing).

Is this something to do with the results of my tests using 'groundnut' in PIW?

cheers,