pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] update / new plan

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] update / new plan
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:29:10 +0000

Aloha,

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that even the end of Sept. is an unrealistic
expectation for a 1.0 so lets rethink it and examine the consequences.
I'd like to suggest that we now aim for the end of the year as our 1.0
goal if this would be acceptable to all of us, Threshold, and
Scott/PCI.

It fine by me if we square it with Threshold.

Agree.

Now till Nov. 1st: Very relaxed development unless we get really
inspired, but no expectation of getting much done other than
incremental improvements. In particular I'm interested in making
the interface more friendly/intuitive/cleanera if folks can suggest
how. I'll also fix any bugs and implement the remaining small
things on my 0.3.1 todo list.

Could you post the list again?

Ditto, I've lost track of what is done/pending/etc.

I'm happy if we basically just bug fix from now. I think threshold will be happy with what we've got.

Strongly agree at present, since there has been very little testing of what we've got now, afaik.
That is on my plate, and with the timeline stretching to end of year I should be able to actually get some done, plus manage/facilitate volunteer/community/user testing.
If, that is, I can get any panels for my PV system in the near future.
The Chinese are buying everything they can get their hands on, including from N. American distributors, and there is not much available.

Images fine. Moderation sounds like it could be tricky plus I'm not sure if its that necessary for current use levels.

Agree, would give moderation lower priority for now.

cheers,