pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] [Fwd: SBLD - USDA National Nutrient Database]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] [Fwd: SBLD - USDA National Nutrient Database]
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:18:54 +0100

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SBLD - USDA National Nutrient Database
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:29:56 -0500
From: Scott D. Russell <srussell@ou.edu>
To: BOTLINX@lists.ou.edu

September 21, 2005
USDA National Nutrient Database
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

The USDA National Nutrient Database is a remarkably complete nutrition
database on food composition of fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains and
other foods from plants and animals, including many processed foods.
The heart of the site is a very easy to use search engine that
ultimately reveals a spectrum of nutrients: proximates (water, sugar
types, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids), minerals, vitamins, lipids,
amino acids and others by user-selected portion sizes. This site
gives a very complete picture of nutrition, perhaps not unexpected for
an over 110-year effort! Nominated by David R. Hershey. (****)

p.s. Can I take this opportunity to encourage to you to join our
friends of Plants For A Future membership scheme. Membership is only
£10 a year (£15 overseas) and we are trying to recruit 1000 friends
in the coming year. If we can reach this target then we will be
able to secure the land for our demonstration gardens and visitors
centre in Devon which could become a shining example of woodland
gardening, sustainability, and the use of perennial plants.
See http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/friends.html for details.

--
Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719