pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] update / new plan

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] update / new plan
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:49:10 +0100

Chad Knepp wrote:
Hello all,

Are you wondering where the promised 0.3.1 is? Hmmm, so am I. Well
as you may have suspected I've been off in the real world of working
on my barn and dealing with a garden that suddenly came from near
death by drought into stuff rotting on the plants because I can't keep
up... not to mention this community building stuff that seems to take
a lot of time but doesn't result in anything.

Yep community building can be hard work, but lack of it has caused pfaf a lot of problems. Also remember piw took about two years of comunity building before we really got started, 3000 emails and counting!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that even the end of Sept. is an unrealistic
expectation for a 1.0 so lets rethink it and examine the consequences.
I'd like to suggest that we now aim for the end of the year as our 1.0
goal if this would be acceptable to all of us, Threshold, and
Scott/PCI.

It fine by me if we square it with Threshold.

How about this as a timeline:

Now till Nov. 1st: Very relaxed development unless we get really
inspired, but no expectation of getting much done other than
incremental improvements. In particular I'm interested in making
the interface more friendly/intuitive/cleanera if folks can suggest
how. I'll also fix any bugs and implement the remaining small
things on my 0.3.1 todo list.

Could you post the list again?

I'm happy if we basically just bug fix from now. I think threshold will be happy with what we've got.

Also, it would be good to let Threshold know that we are doing good
things, point out dev and that we will have a final report and a 1.0
release available in 2006.

Nov. 1st - Nov. 14th: 0.4.0 relationships and GBI

Nov. 15th - Dec. 1st: Late breaking features, possibly fun stuff like
images and moderation (off the clock).

Images fine. Moderation sounds like it could be tricky plus I'm not sure if its that necessary for current use levels.

December: Feature freeze, final testing, cleanup, roll out.

Jan. 1, 2006: PIW 1.0

Waddya thank?

Cheers,
Chad

p.s. I've forgotton how to acess the mysql. Could you remind me?