pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][40][8.29.05]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][40][8.29.05]
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:49:16 +0100

John Schinnerer wrote:
Aloha,

-Johns suggested that we have a glossary of tech terms on the wiki. That
sounds like a QA task – Johns, are you willing? If not, I suggest that when
we communicate with the PIW list, and non-tech folks in general, that we word
things as simply as possible.

Are people complaining about unknown acronyms and abbreviations and so on?

dev site

is IMO much less typing (and reading) than

the version of the PIW site currently under active development

...once the shorthand is known, of course.

If there is a list of acronyms and abbreviations that people have asked to have clarified/defined/explained, I will start on a simple glossary on the wiki.
Otherwise I suggest that we carry on in appropriate shorthand and whenever someone asks for a clarification or definition, the person who used the abbreviation or acronym add it to the glossary ASAP.

This sounds good. A glossary of terms both technical and botanical is definatly something which could be a great resource.

There is some sort of glossary on the dev version e.g.
http://dev.permaculture.info/cgi-bin/eden.py?define=Poultice
may be we should use that.