pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] [synthesis][40][8.29.05]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][40][8.29.05]
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:18:37 -0700

hello everyone,

First, congratulations to Chad on his progress with PIW and the barn! Sounds
like we are all pretty busy at the moment, but let’s make time to play with
the latest build. A few things:

-Johns suggested that we have a glossary of tech terms on the wiki. That
sounds like a QA task – Johns, are you willing? If not, I suggest that when
we communicate with the PIW list, and non-tech folks in general, that we word
things as simply as possible.

-Chad wrote, “It would also be nice to have some sort of GBI demonstration
integrated with the project.” I completely agree and was hoping the Laszlo
prototype would satisfy this function. I’ve asked my dad about $ and
logistics so I’ll get back to you… But we should definitely have an image
of what we want PIW to look like (or at least links to GBI's).

-Thanks for setting up the paypal account, Rich. Is there a link to it from
the PIW website so people can donate?

-Chad asked about our promises to the Threshold Foundation, great question.
Although things may have changed since last year (including the budget), we
should be clear on what we intended to achieve and what Threshold expects from
us. I’ve attached an .rtf of the Threshold grant proposal and the progress
report I sent them earlier this year. Let’s read and discuss. (If you’d
rather not read them in their entirety, at least read the progress report.)

-If we want images, this would be a great time to send an email to the PIW and
greater Permaculture list. Should I? What specifically are you looking for,
Chad?

Today is my first day of school, wish me luck!

peace
*Stephanie