pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] I'm back

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] I'm back
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:27:54 -0500

Richard Morris writes:
> Hi Chad,
> Nice to hear you've got a barn, we could do with one of them.
>
> Don't know if you noticed at the end of my last post, but I've not got a
> database update from ken. It is a lot cleaner as several of the
> duplicate fields have been tidied up and removed.
>
> Do you have a prefered format for the data? MS-Access, tab delimited or
> mySQL insert statments?

MySQL for sure. I don't really have time to do the updates right now,
which would take some doing because the schema of PFAF and PIW have
diverged significantly. I have retained the PFAF primary key in
plant_botanical_name so at least I don't have to wonder about what
goes where, but botanical name and culture have seperated and the text
blobs are now comments. Anyway, if you can put it temporarily where I
can download it that would be great, but don't expect updates till mid
winter.

Cheers,
Chad