pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [ok fine, I'm a synthesis][39][8.13.05]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [ok fine, I'm a synthesis][39][8.13.05]
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:02:34 +0100

Stephanie Gerson wrote:
-Related, I have some great news. Remember how I told you that my father
works with Laszlo Systems (no one seemed to care). Anyways, I asked if
they’d be willing to make a simple prototype of PIW for us and he agreed. But it’s gotta be simple – because I am pressed for time and so are they. I was going to work with them at the end of August, but if there’s anything
I should know/see – let me know now. (Bear, you are more than welcome to
come along.) For example, if the above conversation on inputs/outputs, and
relationship-modeling in general, could be put in a spec or something, that
would be very useful. Would this kind of information go in the wiki spec? And is anyone using it (besides Rich)?

Cool, dare I ask about: licence, money?

Yep I do remember it
http://www.laszlosystems.com/lps/laszlo-in-ten-minutes/
was the nicest start point.

-PIW list – there have been a few messages from PIWers wanting to help, but
not quite understanding how. Can we please make our responses to them
intelligible? Before I ever did any software development/QA, “dev site”
would have meant nothing to me. Let’s try to make this as easy as possible
for them, ok?

Indeed, keep geek speak to pcplantdb, real language to PIW. Yet us know when we say anthing non understandable.

-Financial matters – I am more than willing to forfeit the money I am
‘owed’ and use the remaining for other folks’ salaries and anything else
we might need. I also recognize that the money will dwindle slowly, and if we
would like to meet (perhaps at Chad’s place in 2007…faraway, but I Love
that idea), we should decide before that point. In my budget, I _did_ include
an item for Travel Expenses = $2,400:

“Project-participant meeting & Dissemination/Presentation/Conference
visits—for all project participants to simultaneously convene in person and
present/gather information at Permaculture conference”

So technically, this would be justified. Simply a matter of wanting to spend
remaining funds in this manner, and choosing a venue that would be
fruitful/appropriate. What do you all think? Also, whatever happened to the
Pay Payl thing? Sorry to sound grouchy, but everyone says how easy it is but
no one sets it up. Would anyone be willing?

OK there now a paypal account. Currently I'm admin for this but can easily change it. If anyone wants access let me know. Its set up with the Permaculture Institutes address but no bank account.
Scott can use some other email for you other than pci@permaculture-inst.org say scott@permaculture-inst.org or
piw@permaculture-inst.org for some reason I can't use the pci email address.

-Also, does PFAF link to PIW anywhere on their website? It would be nice to
be linked from http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOldBib.php or elsewhere. Rich??

It did. And will do, probably on home page and on database pages. I'll get to it.

-Lawrence, did you ever figure out why some of us are losing emails?

I think its my ISP.

> I'm wondering about the future of PFAF too - did Rich ever respond?
*curious Stephanie

I'm wondering about the future of PFAF! Half of me wants to resign tomorrow. More news mid september after a trustee meeting.

And the big news: I've now got the latest DB update from Ken, and hes happy for it to go into PIW. This should be a lot cleaner as most of the duplicated info is now removed.

I'll need to chat with chad about best way to get data to him.