pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [ok fine, I'm a synthesis][39][8.13.05]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "pcplantdb" <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [ok fine, I'm a synthesis][39][8.13.05]
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:31:49 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

Back in the USSA...still mostly traveling though so e-mail will be
intermittent.

> and let them discuss it. Are there different opinions/examples/websites I
> should present, or should I simply state the question: how to organize and
> represent relationships between plants?

I suggest some of both - ask the question straight up, and offer some
examples such as those we've discussed here.

> Anyways, I asked if
> they’d be willing to make a simple prototype of PIW for us and he
> agreed.

This would be fun to see. What I don't know is if our API is mature
enough for them to build a simple sample client around it yet...chad??

> Can we please make our responses to them
> intelligible?

Maybe we need a glossary on the wiki. Frankly, part of being able to help
at the level where they need to know what "dev site" means is is knowing
what "dev site" means...

> Simply a matter of wanting to spend
> remaining funds in this manner, and choosing a venue that would be
> fruitful/appropriate. What do you all think?

I'm still more in favor of folks getting paid for work on the project than
spending the money on long-distance fossil-fueled travel.

> -Also, I’d Love to change my email client. Lawrence says to use
> Mozilla.
> Or should I try Thunderbird?

Thunderbird is simply the spinoff/stand-alone mail client derived from
Mozilla mail.
Mozilla is the "whole bundle" of web browser, e-mail client, and a few
other goodies.
Firefox is likewise the spinoff/stand-alone web browser derived from
Mozilla browser.

> Finally, just wanted to let you all know that I am going to have much less
> time to work on this in the near future. I’m going back to school at
> the end of August, and anticipate being quite a busy student.

What you gon' study?

cheers,