pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Processing

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Processing
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 08:59:42 +0100

Bear Kaufmann wrote:
Hi everyone,

As Chad mentioned I'll be out of town for a week.
Congrat's on the new release. I'll take look more in depth on my return.

I've found a rather accessible system (Processing) that looks promising to develop a "Rich Client" in.
It's in Java, which can be a bit of the hog of system resources, so I'm wondering how the system responds on different systems.
So if you have a moment, could you look at one example, and see if it runs OK in your environment?

http://www.arkitus.com/?id=19

These all look like your average lets play with some moving graphics type applets/flashes. Sort of java 101.

For my own contribution to the genera see
http://www.singsurf.org/wallpaper/wallpaper.php

Is their a framework behind this?

Sort a nice one on slashdot yesterday Echo2
http://www.nextapp.com/products/echo2/
which has lots of useful functionality plus AJAX xml-rpc type stuff.