pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] 0.3.0 update

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] 0.3.0 update
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:41:39 -0500

Well, mostly done except for adding plant descriptions which covers
about 30 different data elements and will require a lot of fussing
with the form and methods just to get all the data straight. I may
actually postpone updating some of the cosmetic changes Bear has been
working on if I run out of time.

Kind of answering my own question here; I've elected to not allow the
possibility of attaching comments to some data elements (like common
names, uses, descriptions, etc.) simply because I can't figure out how
to display this kind of info meaningfully. Implementation wise it's
20-30 lines of code but I'm more worried about confusing folks more
than the end benefit would be worth. Keep in mind that attaching
comments to anything is very simple if it seems like a feature we
need.

Still thinking I will be done by tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

Cheers,
Chad

  • [pcplantdb] 0.3.0 update, Chad Knepp, 08/04/2005