pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] geeky stuff

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] geeky stuff
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:35:44 -0500

Interesting /. post about Django, a python web application platform
similar to Ruby on Rails as some of you may be familiar with. I'm
kind of looking at it now. One of its features is an Object
Relational mapper... anyway, we are definitely NOT doing anything
different platform wise pre 1.0.

My initial take is better than Zope, but I'm still trying see why I
need it. I've been looking at the ORM parts of it and I'm not really
very impressed yet.

Oh, it's <http://djangoproject.com/> if your interested.