pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] multi user tasks

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "Permaculture Plant DB project" <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] multi user tasks
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:06:52 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

> Its not really esential. But I can envisage that you might want a task
> which needs more than one persons attention. Some of the thing in the
> synthasis are aimed at everyone.
>
> What I had in mind was some means where more than one person had to
> check of an issue.

I think the assigned to could become a multi-selection.
However it would be better IMO to leave assigned to as one person.

If it's a multi-user task, that one person (the 'assigned to' selection)
would be the person in charge/managing that task/ultimately responsible
for that task.

Additional people who should pay attention to the task can be put on the
task's notification list, which is already set up to handle multiple
selections.

If I understand right, putting all concerned on the notification list
ought to cover multiple people tracking an issue/task well enough...?

cheers,