pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Build IDs, dev build, etc.

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Build IDs, dev build, etc.
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:05:50 +0100

John Schinnerer wrote:
Aloha,

Should this not go in the tracker? The issues was raised there.

I used 0.1.0 as the starting point based on Chad's message a while back where he threw out that build ID for the current PIW.

My assumption has been that the dev code is constantly in flux as the project is worked on, and is only sanity-checked and/or "tested" by the developers (and possibly others - main thing is:
NOTE: issues from playing with that kind of code should NOT be put in the tracker!!

Why not? The issue tracker is a tool for US (and others) to use.
If it can serve as a good means for solidifying the design process
and get us away from the rambelling discussions then great.
If its the right tool for a collective design process I'm not sure.
But I do think its got some of the necessary features for this.