pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] status

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] status
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:42:24 -0800

This raises another interesting point, being what is the 'reference'
for the 30 - 40 little bits of data we have like height, preferred
moisture level, etc. Currently they are the product of the research
and experience of Ken Fern, but how do we indicate that and how do we
indicate a change of one element of the thirty plus elements. Some
things are missing and some things are, in my experience/locale,
wrong, so changes need to be made. How do we track
accountability/reputation in this?

LET USERS 'FIX' THIS WITH A WIKI-STYLE APPROACH? CLEARLY, WE'RE NOT GOING TO
COMB THROUGH THE ENTIRE DATABASE TO FIND MISTAKES, BUT USERS CAN AND WILL...
THIS IS A CO-CREATIVE PROCESS. BUT, OF COURSE, YOU STILL HAVE THE SAME
PROBLEM OF WHO IS ALLOWED TO CHANGE, HOW IT IS MODERATED, HOW USERS'
ACCOUNTABILITY IS RATED, ETC.