pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Eden 0.1.3 release

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Eden 0.1.3 release
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:40:22 -0800

Chad Knepp wrote:

Did some major optimizing of Eden and have it installed on Ibiblio.
It's at least twice as fast for long search strings and auto-magically
caches search results and rendered pages. This will have to be
changed when dynamic content is possible, but for right now any page
requested the second time loads instantly. Also paging through search
results is way faster. Also minor formating tweaks/fixes.

I haven't been able to break it, but if y'all could try a couple of
random searches I'd appreciate it. If you get an 'Internal Server
Error' send me the URL asap.

I just did these searches in the following order:

eleagnus angustifolia about 450 hits, many either eleagnis + angustifolia,
eleagnus or angustifolia + other plant

'eleagnus angustifolia' about the same as w/o single quotes

eleagnus produced a message indicating no matches

'eleagnus' produced numerous hits for "eleagnus"

immediately searching again for eleagnus produced a blank page (is this a
caching problem?);
URL was:
http://permaculture.info/cgi-bin/eden?search=eleagnus&button=Search+PIW
- at the blank page I simply used the back arrow to return to PIW and entered
new text in the searchform,
rather than retyping http://permaculture.info

"eleagnus": produced same as above

'eleagnus' produced 419 matches

eleagnus again produced a blank page

<>
as soon as you tell it to search for a string and it returns a page the text
you entered in the form disappears