pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[28][thanksgiving]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[28][thanksgiving]
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:24:10 +0000

Aloha,
5. In his update, Johns said that nothing he’s working on will affect/
change the course of the project – but what about switching from Bugzilla to Scarab? Especially if Ibiblio doesn’t host Scarab (oh no, not this again…).

Well, we never really started using Bugzilla yet, and the 'trial version' (which nobody but Chad and I even made user accounts on) was on JohnH's server anyhow, not ibiblio.

So, no data lost, not even any time spent transferring data from one tracking system to the other or anything. Just a bit more setup and evaluation on the way to choosing.

JohnH is going to work out the setup kinks on his server, which will also give me/us an initial evaluation installation. If it turns out to be preferable to Bugzilla, then he'll see if it can be set up on ibilio. If not, it'll still be up on his server.
In other words, I'm not worried about hosting.

Happy Thanksgiving, unless you happen to be suffering the consequences of ongoing occupation, colonization, genocide, etc. etc.
I wondah...if da locals had it all to do ovah again, maybe dey woulda let da buggahs starve dat wintah after all...:-?

aloha,