pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] SARE?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] SARE?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:44:56 +0000

Aloha,

“It has already been infiltrated, they already know about permaculture and
use it. What they need is what we can offer, PIW.” Hmm, not according to
the SARE representatives from Hawaii, New Mexico, and California that I spoke
with last week. Hawaii and New Mexico said they were definitely interested in
Permaculture

That's good to hear, 'cause I can certify that they're not particularly hip to it on the Big Island (USDA that is - nor anyone else in ag-bureaucracy-land afaik).

Do you have any names and contact info of those in Hawai'i who claimed interest? And were those USDA folks that SARE folks were talking about, or SARE folks themselves (I don't fully grok how SARE would fit in there - are they more than a grant-giving agency?).

thx,