pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] SARE?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] SARE?
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:06:34 +0000

Aloha,

Infiltrating USDA activities with Permaculture is a great idea. No objection there.
I don't know if or how much it has been worked on - Scott, Lawrence, any info on that?

AND as far as HG goes, what you're proposing is IMO a far larger game that needs far larger (or at least more!) players. Coordinating PC people and USDA to make connections to get a SARE grant for trainings is IMO *way way WAY* outside the scope of our HG project. Let's look for simpler grant solutions for our particular project funds.

This could be a particularly heinous example of "feature creep"... ;-)

An idea alongside the above:

If some PC folks have relations with USDA types somewhere already, let's go to them about being the people who fit this grant model and see if they're interested. Then you just have to fill in the blanks instead of create the whole connection from scratch.

In other words, IMO this is a whole 'nother project, definitely not part of HG - though HG could obviously be useful to that whole 'nother project were some group(s) to take it on.