pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Should we use mySQL?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Should we use mySQL?
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:39:03 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

My Sysadmin likes it...he's messed with other open source SQLs and
seems to prefer it. I played with it a bit before delving into zope,
did some reading on pros/cons of postgreSQL and MySQL and so on. It
seems a commonly used open source SQL and seems to have a strong
coder/user community. There are a few fancy SQL things it doesn't
support yet but I've been told there are relatively easy
alternatives/workarounds and/or that the fancy things are frosting and
not really necessary to a 'real' SQL whiz... ;-)

From that basis I'd say sure, why not?

=====
John Schinnerer, MA