pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] guilding

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] guilding
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:33:25 +0100

i want to repost this here, for this is an important aspect for
me, and i havent noticed any reactio to it.
--------

and then we have not touched the guilding aspects so far.

if a wild plant, or a cultivated plant that still has a wild form
known, the
re should actually be people who can enter field data from their
experience,
as to whith what plants the plant in question likes to hang out
with in its
natural habitat. and of course wizards like toby can share their
experimentially arrived knowledge about those aspects.

(especially but not only) for plants where neither guilding field
data nor
designers experience is available, descriptions of the rooting
system might
be useful. with the information of similar climatic, soil,
habitat and
matching moisture requirements, we can then find complementing
light
requirements/shading ability and complementing root systems to
have a
starting point for new guilding experiments. description of root
systems
should be at least surface-both/medium-deep.

--------

georg

*

georg johann surya parlow

Info über Permakultur in Österreich (im Aufbau)
http://websuxxess.com/permakultur
Info von/über/für super-empfindliche Menschen (SEM):
http://websuxxess.com/sem