pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] guilding, user friendly

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] guilding, user friendly
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:48:46 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

> i want to repost this here, for this is an important aspect for
> me, and i havent noticed any reactio to it.

I agree with your ideas. The sort of data you suggest making space for
would seem to me to be helpful for basic plant selection as well as
guilding (both known and experimental).

I have a live example recently - a site where I know the climate in the
region pretty well but not appropriate and especially local/native
plants. So I need to be able to search by things such as:

>...similar climatic, soil, habitat and
> matching moisture requirements...
> ...complementing light
> requirements/shading ability

...as well as mature size, time to maturity, care needed to establish,
etc.

=====
John Schinnerer, MA