ocba - Re: [ocba] Uncapped sugar water frames for winter?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Mark Smith <mpsmith90 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Uncapped sugar water frames for winter?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:12:30 -0400

I have had some luck with putting wet frames in an empty deep above the inner cover and letting the bees clean them up. Might work for you.

Another alternative would be to inspect your remaining hives, pull any empty frames (if there are any) and replace with the half full ones.

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh