ocba - [ocba] Part 2

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Part 2
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 20:37:40 -0400

This is the craziness going on inside. Pop open a metal lid -(NO smoke) on a overcast day & blow on bees & even knock on the side and they do this?!

Over 6 years in this game & ive not seen this at all. First i thought robbing cause the other hive was smaller, then chem poisoining (still not ruling that out) when i saw the bees twitching on the landing board & ground and then i opened the lid. Nothing...got nothing

Anyone else in southern chapel hill seeing this?

I know there is a massive uptick in mosquito treatments going on with the zika scare, but bees doing that is new to me.

Anyone else or ideas?