ocba - Re: [ocba] Cut Comb Honey Extractor

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: Thomas Grizzle <griz AT mindspring.com>, <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Cut Comb Honey Extractor
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 17:03:52 -0400

Google “Honey Press”. Some people use wine presses. You could make one with some lumber and a jack.

From: ocba <ocba-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org> on behalf of Thomas Grizzle <griz AT mindspring.com>
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 4:56 PM
To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [ocba] Cut Comb Honey Extractor

Hi,

I harvest honey exclusively from “cut comb” in medium frames.  I take wide mouth quart jars and put the comb into it; one medium frame does about 4 jars.  I then need honey to fill the jar so I’ve been just using my hands to squish the honey out of some additional comb, then let it drip overnight using a colander.  From there, the bees clean everything up.

My question is, is there a device for squishing honey comb to get the honey separated from the wax?

Thanks….

Thomas B. Grizzle

919.967.5199

griz AT mindspring.com