ocba - [ocba] oldest beehive found in scotland

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com" <NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com>, Debbie Roos <Debbie.Roos AT chathamnc.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] oldest beehive found in scotland
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:26:52 -0400

Hey gang,

check this out! pretty cool. They didn't go into detail to much about the "special coating" inside the mason column but my guess is the obvious propolis. If not we use a scratch coat method on masonry today...could have been that.

still cool though that the top of a church (house of worship) had 2 bee hive spaces left. Or maybe it was the Free Masons or even pagans....leaving 2 secret hives atop the entrance of a prominent church for the sun worshiping bees to have?? While non of the parishioners ever knowing? Who knows?

http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-product-design/worlds-oldest-beehive-discovered-in-scottish-chapel.html

Though it fun.

--
Cheers,
Marty Hanks

 Just Bee Honey
"Created by Artisans....Bottled by Humans"

  • [ocba] oldest beehive found in scotland, Marty Hanks, 09/16/2014