ocba - [ocba] Announcements from September OCBA Meeting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Chris Apple <chrisapple1231 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Announcements from September OCBA Meeting
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 19:28:31 -0400

1. Don't forget to get your entries in for the State Fair. You can go through OCBA (I have registered us for everything) or you can submit a personal registration. The deadline to register is September 19th.

2. There is a family who has a suitable piece of property for beehives in Carrboro. They are very interested in having hives placed there. OCBA could put hives there for field days located closer to that end of the county. However, we would need volunteers to monitor and care for those hives. If you are interested in contributing your time to help with these hives, please email me so I can evaluate whether this is a viable project or not.

3. We have dates for our bee schools. The introductory class ( Introduction to Beekeeping ) will be held at the church on Saturday, November 8th. Geneva Greene will teach this class and the cost is $25.00. Registration will begin at 8:30 that morning. The class will run from 9 AM until noon. Please pass the word. We will be putting up flyers, so ideas for good posting sites are appreciated.

4. Our regular beekeeping class will begin on January 13th. Todd Walker and Randall Austin are heading this one up.

5. Our October meeting will be presented by one of our state bee inspectors, Adolphus Leonard. He will be covering preparations for winter.

  • [ocba] Announcements from September OCBA Meeting, Chris Apple, 09/13/2014