ocba - Re: [ocba] Bee Sting Treatments?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: "the-skees AT sylvantrails.com" <the-skees AT sylvantrails.com>
  • Cc: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Bee Sting Treatments?
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 22:12:01 -0400

Hi

Ms Geneva introduced me to the best sting remedy I have ever seen. Best part
it's all around you! Plantain is a native plant, commonly called a weed.

Google pics. Take a leaf and chew in your mouth for 15-20 seconds then apt to
your sting. While holding with light pressure start another leaf. Repeat a
second time and this amazing plant draws out the venom...ok most of it.

From there I'd suggest you get the Benadryl cream. It helps out some folks
w/o the drowsiness of the liquid.

Those two work best for me!

You should consider making a Plantain tinctures because it's turning cold
and they will die back. Takes about two weeks but I hear it's worth it!

Cheers
Marty

Sent from my iPhone