ocba - [ocba] transfer a swarm

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Elisabeth Curtis <granda.curtis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] transfer a swarm
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 07:56:33 -0400

I caught a large swarm yesterday and put it in a nuc with four frames of foundation and a feeder, b/c I did not have a hive body. There are too many bees for a nuc. Would it work to get a hive body tomorrow and transfer them into the full-size box with more foundation and some brood and drawn comb? It seems pretty straightforward to me, but I'm not sure how it will seem to a bee. Thanks for any suggestions. -Elisabeth

  • [ocba] transfer a swarm, Elisabeth Curtis, 03/31/2013