ocba - [ocba] Weird brood pattern?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [ocba] Weird brood pattern?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:41:37 -0400

Hey all,

I stopped by Carly's today to check on her bees. They had lots of mixed aged
brood to eggs, but she has 2-3 frames with this weird pattern on it. This
deep had brood of so e age on 6 frames. The shallow above had 4 frames.

I call it the Nile, but the queen has went back in and laid in there already.

Has anyone see anything like this?

Big brood size with some pollen but just not the normal oval shape.

Thanks
Marty

JPEG image