ocba - Re: [ocba] Foundationless Frames questions

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Jeff Bollinger <jeff.bollinger AT gmail.com>
  • To: Eric Schwenke <eric AT swanfire.net>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Foundationless Frames questions
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:33:11 -0500

Super easy - I had no trouble starting a hive with 9 foundation-less frames
and one conventional frame (with foundation) in a brood box. You don't need
"strips" or anything, just brush some melted beeswax along the inside of the
top if the frame and the bees will get the idea. I don't see myself going
back to foundation any time soon...

Jeff