ocba - [ocba] NC State Fair

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] NC State Fair
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:53:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Beekeepers,

It's that time of year again.  The NC State Fair is just around the corner and today is the last day to register your entries.  Visit the State Fair site for details, then register your entries here.

I have signed OCBA up for a display booth and the design is coming right along.  I need your display entries to polish it off.  So far I have signed up these eager beekeepers to have their items in the OCBA display:

David Bailey.  Poster of 12 Honey Plants

David Bailey.  Amber and Dark Extracted Honey

Geneva Green.  Gift Package of Bee Products

Randy Emmitt.  Black and White or Color Photography

Lewis Cauble.  50 lbs Extracted Honey

Lewis Cauble.  Observation Hive

The OCBA Wax Workshop is scheduled for next Saturday, September 29 at 10 AM.  We will be working in my shop at 8411 Hwy 86 N in Cedar Grove.  We will be producing candles, cosmetics, and other wax items to be entered in the fair.  Everyone is invited but we do want a head count so we know how/what to prepare.  Sign up by emailing Geneva.  gggreen AT mindspring.com

I am looking for more items for the display booth including:

Cut Comb Honey (light and dark)

Chunk Honey (light and dark)

Light Extracted Honey

Sections (light and dark)

2 Bottles Dry Mead (non-carb)

2 Bottles Sweet Mead (non-carb)

2 Bottles Mead with Fruit

Pure Beeswax, Single Block

I know OCBA had a blue ribbon winner at the State Fair last year with cut comb and a blue ribbon winner at NCSBA this year with light chunk.  We have the skills.  We just need to strut them!  Let me know if you have something to go in the display.

If you have any questions about entering items in the fair, I will do my best to answer them.

Cheers,

Lewis

  • [ocba] NC State Fair, Lewis Cauble, 09/21/2012