ocba - [ocba] uncapping methods?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] uncapping methods?
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 19:15:53 -0500 (CDT)

Folks,
Today we harvested around 30 pounds of honey. We did all the
uncapping with long bread knives. Afterwards I posted some videos
from the yard today after we returned the wax cappings and spilled
honey back to the bees. Anyway I found this Youtube video of a guy
using a heat gun (which I already have) melting the caps very
quickly and clean. See the video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eym8rxYeLTc&feature=related

Does this un capping method seem like a good idea? I never heard
of it before. I'm sure you would barely heat up the honey.

My blog has a photo of me with a frame of honey and other stuff
including thousands of bees in videos recycling the honey and
cleaning the cappings for us. see www.rlephoto.blogspot.com