ocba - Re: [ocba] Fw: Fw: bee update

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: norma safransky <ssafransky AT nc.rr.com>, Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Fw: Fw: bee update
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:48:30 -0400

hey norma,

i have heard this many times and aslo that it is where "acue puncture" came from...not sure about that part, but have heard several people swear by it.

personally, i found out the hard way that YES it does work. i was working the girls in my shorts and took a sting to my left knee....weird thing was that just the week before i had been complaining about my knee. it had been acting up for days, but after the sting...NADA.

now i do not promote killing bees (when they sting you they will die), but for one every now and then it can help. i guess just try and spot and older girl(bee) one w/ less hair on top or a fuller size...in hope you are only getting a mature and about to expire bee.

good luck,
marty