ocba - [ocba] busy bee almost sold out!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [ocba] busy bee almost sold out!
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:37:30 -0400

hey foks,

just a quick FYI...Busy Bee is just about sold out of everything!!! If you were planning a drive by shopping spree you best get another plan. I just left there w/ the last deep foundation they had!

she said that Brushy is also low on supplies and and Busy Bee will not be getting things there in the store til next monday. Crazy for some of us as we have bees coming the 13th.

NO bottom boards for 10 frames, NO lids of any kind for 10 frames, no more foundation for deeps at all!
they do have several 8 frame hives and lids, etc. I counted 7 unassembled deeps left and maybe a pallet of assembled cypress 10's left.

some kind of spring for sure...gotta go do another split. one has 3 capped cells w/ the laying queen still in there...well 2 hours ago she was still there! ;-)

good luck!!

Marty Hanks
Just Bee, Apiaries

  • [ocba] busy bee almost sold out!, Marty Hanks, 04/03/2012