ocba - [ocba] SHB bottom board modification

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] SHB bottom board modification
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:22:10 -0500 (CDT)

Folks,
As Marty mentioned already Busy Bee is sold out of a lot of stuff.
I was there this morning and picked up a SHB bottom board used to
trap small hive beetles. I wanted to mention a modification I did
to it so one can set a sticky board in it to test for mites. I
just added 2 1/2"x 3/4" strip of wood to the bottom sides(long
sides) to rest the sticky board on. The plastic insert clears my
wood strip. So now I can take out the plastic tray and insert the
sticky board.

Cheers,
Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC

  • [ocba] SHB bottom board modification, birdcr AT concentric.net, 04/03/2012