ocba - Re: [ocba] EPA and the Honey Bee

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: mhanks <mhanks7 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Kitty Cunningham <klparmley AT gmail.com>, birdcr AT concentric.net, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] EPA and the Honey Bee
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:21:34 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Agreed Kitty,

Also in the other article that was sent out showing the only test that was
done by them, over a year later, was completely flawed. They put bees on 2.5
acres and said there were minimum residues...guess so seeing how bees usually
forage for 2-4 miles and have been found to go as far as 6 if needed. So
there absurdly small sample was rigged...no surprises there! How did they
even get away w/ that part of not having a third party doing the testing OR
having to have it repeated? and lately there's even more political talk about
how having more regulatory oversight is somehow a bad thing.

I'm glad i went to the bee yard today to get away for awhile. The girls were
about to jump out of the box it was so crowed! Had to add another hive body
to each of them to make room. I will confirm w/ others lately on seeing some
drone brood. If it stays this warm we're gonna be off to a busy spring around
here....can ya say "Swarm Patrol"?

night all,
marty